Monday, July 6, 2009

LiFe iS beaUtiFuL...

After 21 years of wonderfully painful experiences I felt that I need to get a new hobby and document my life. This only happens after my 4 years of attending Brigham Young University. A whirlwind of struggles & realizing life passes in a blink of an eye. I've survived numerous broken hearts & a lot more heartbreaking then some people, but I am still hopeful for the future. As a BYU student, from being on warning, probation & suspended twice to academically dismissed for the next two years of my life I've since realized I haven't learned anything academically, but I've learned some tough life lessons. I've met so many different kinds of people; I was there to influence & to be influenced. I've been hated & loved. I've learned of God's infinite love for me as well as others. It's taken me years of counseling and tears to come to the happiness I've felt. I love my life, if life was easy it would be incredibly boring. I know things happen for a reason. For me, BYU was the biggest blessing and self-inflicted trial I have ever experienced. Normally, people come out with a MRS. degree, but I can't explain why I spent so many years at BYU without getting a degree or a husband.

(2 months later)....I now know why I am at this point. Why my time at BYU is over. I was meant to do something greater & harder, something that most people never get the chance to do. I am to do the Lord's work, to serve him for 18 months sacraficing the life that I love. To influence & to be influenced is my mission.


"Life is beautiful, but it's complicated. There are miracles. We let all these moments pass us by..."

1 comment:

  1. I randomly ended up reading some of your blog today, very early christmas morning and I wanted to tell you how wonderful you are and how strong you are. I agree with everything you said and I wish you the best on your mission- you will touch many lives in ways no one else could. much love Shannon and Merry Christmas

    -allyn

    ReplyDelete