Friday, July 17, 2009

Love means NOTHING...

Player: Adison

Stats Record: EHS JV team, (BYU RM dater)
Description: decent, but doesn't practice
Objective: To win
Summary: HATES losing, so she's still playing




My opponent: baseball boy

Stats Record: No STATS available (BYU/RM Rookie dater)
Description: good, but doesn't use a strategy.
Objective: To hit the ball back into my court.
Summary: Still playing cause I'm still playing




It didn't occur to me until we started playing tennis that our relationship was exactly like the match we were playing. Unpredictable & tiring.

I'll admit, I was on the EHS JV tennis team 6 yrs ago. I picked up my racket at another chance to prove myself & to work on my swing.


In the game of tennis, there are servers and recievers. It can last a long time depending on the players. Love, 15, 30, 40, game point. Zero is actually called love. For beginners, consistency & the more patient player tends to win.


In singles is played between 2 players with smaller boundaries than doubles.


ADISON vs. Baseball boy

To wake up at 5 then play tennis at 7:30 am; I must really I like him.


Game History: This game can only be described as a long & tiring, full of ups & downs. There's no telling when this game will end, but it's getting old. The relationship game started back in January when baseball boy brought himself into the game by asking me on a date. With months of him serving, he abuptly stopped when I didn't want to play. He started hitting aces at me, which hurt my ego. I started hitting back, then it was my turn to play alone. With the game going on for months, I seemed to be taking the lead, but both of us were stuck. DEUCE, (40-all) but to get out of it a player has to win the next 2 points. Things have taken a turn for the worse, injury, but baseball boy seems to be wounded too.

After a grueling hour & a half of playing a tennis game, I concluded that there's a reason why I stopped playing. It's painful. I got a call from him expecting a rematch, after being sore & hurt from the prior tennis match. I declined. I decided it wasn't worth the pain & humilation. I tried & now I'm tired & injured. I'm sure this game of hitting the ball into his court could continue for another set, but I'm done for now.



Like our relationship game, I'm through be played.


Matchpoint:
GAME OVER!


"All I ever wanted was a simple way to get over you."

1 comment:

  1. good thing tennis season is almost over for you! i don't think they play tennis on missions!

    ReplyDelete