Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm going to BOISE, Idaho...

(Not on a mission) 1st road trip of the summer: BOISE, IDAHO.
My travel buddies: Scott, Scott's friend, & my bestie Brenna. Before you think we went for potatoes, our reason was the DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE concert.
I had never officially been to a concert (other than EC free country concerts & the state fair concerts) so I was so stoked to go to Death cab. A huge reason for going was to have one last adventure with Scott before he left for a REAL job in the REAL world of Kansas. As designated driver, Scott set up the whole thing, getting the tickets & finding us a place to stay since the concert was a Saturday night.
The weather was so ugly & rainy/cold...almost snowing, but as soon as we got to Idaho the sky cleared, it was still cold, but the sky was blue. We stopped at the most random hick-town gas station to eat called, "The Garden of Eden," Complete irony being the middle of no where at a gas station with folks talking about hunting and shooting things. After the 4 hour drive, we made it to BOISE, thanks to Scott's GPS. We even had time to spare to "change into our concert clothes." Brenna even pouffed up my hair!



We got there early, in search of the entrance with other fans. We got there & we ALL bought the same exact shirt. We were standing in line behind some cute Idaho-ian boys chatted about their LDS missions. Brenna & I stalked them for a while, but I was too chicken to converse with them. The CONCERT was AMAZING! They played all of my favorites & luckily Scott played ALL the Cd's on the ride there so I knew more than a few songs. There were solos & cute indie rock guys. The whole time we stood & I jammed out dancing.

BUT the greatest SURPRISE of the night was when they played, "The Sound of Settling!" An old song which depicts my recent dating life.

From Idaho, breezy sunny weather, we returned to UT the next day to a blizzard...



*Kudos to Brenna, she didn't know it was an over-nighter in Boise.

DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE:

"I will follow you into the dark"
"Crooked teeth"
"I will possess your heart"
"When soul meets body"
"The Sound of Settling"
(New Moon soundtrack song, "Meet me on the Equinox."

No comments:

Post a Comment