Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Page, not Paige, Arizona...

ROADTRIP #3
THE REZ...

My last roadtrip of the summer, a quickie trip made for a quickie engagement. As the assistant to the wedding planner (my sister), I found myself declining baseball boy's invite to Zions & on the way to Page for Dezi's reception.


Without air conditioning & stopping for food, the only stop we made was at a vintage/junk store.



Arriving in Page we started searching for a Navajo Times (proof to our mother that we were on the Rez). We found a trading post where SURPRISINGLY they didn't stock them, but we did find one at a gas station.
Lunch with Dezi's family was fun. Then the newlyweds arrived & our work began. Cutting, folding, unraveling huge paper flowers...then I washed grapes & blueberries until my hands resembled raisons.

I couldn't help, but to think about all that I was missing on that Zion's trip. I wanted to go & planned on it way before baseball boy walked me home after our last game of tennis & asked me to go. As much as I didn't want it to my thoughts were there with him even when I was suppose to be getting over him. My only relief was something completely unexpected...

I was done helping so I took a quick nap. I woke up to some gun shots outside (Dezi's brothers were shooting some targets). I laid there for a minute. As I got up I was suprised, to see Dezi's brother in the process of getting ready for work...shirtless. Taken completely off guard, I didn't know what to do & feeling like an idiot & said, "Hey-ay." At that moment, I forgot about baseball boy & everything dealing with the baseball boy. I sat & chatted with this attractive shirtless native boy. As short lived as it was; I was stunned...it was the 1st time ever considered a Navajo boy. There's still hope for me! (FYI: Halves are always cute).

Bre & I were only in Page for a day, but it completely rocked my world.
"I took a chance. I took a shot. You might think I'm bullet proof, but I'm not"

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh my gosh I had no idea this happened!! ANd I can't believe he just sat there and talked without his shirt!! You should've stayed and gone swimming with us the next day, we were at the lake for like 7 hours, he didn't wear his shirt the whole time...You're invited to next summer's Lake Powell bash, come ready to see him again. And he likes Navajo girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to clarify, when I woke up & 1st saw him, he was shirtless. When I finally came to my senses and said something, he proceeded to get ready for work & put his work shirt on.

    LOL...your brother is really cool & it would have been nice to know you had one. All this time you & Bre never mentioned that to me.
    TOO BAD, I'm trying to do the mission thing now.

    ReplyDelete