Saturday, October 3, 2009

What's left of me?

D.I.: A place where one man's trash is another man's treasure.

"Watch my life pass me by in the rear view mirror, pictures frozen in time are becoming clearer...you can have all that's left of me."

My face burned like fire, but I kept looking down. I couldn't help, but realize how close I was to this guy, a D.I. employee?

STRANGER DANGER! After we drove off, it hit me, I was
BLUSHING! Something I haven't done in such a long time that I didn't recognize it. I was surprised, heat was not only in my cheeks, but my forehead and the rest of my face. A guy was flirting with me while I was being charitable?
It all started as we pulled up to the drop off place behind D.I., my sister rolled my window down for me to give the workers my stuff I was donating.

D.I. guy smiling, "Is this for me?" I was taken off guard and confused by the question. I handed him the bags quickly, & replied, "Umm...yeaaahh. Thanks." He didn't take his eyes off me. As we busted out in laughter driving off, Bre glanced back as he was going through my stuff already. Bre laughed, "He was staring at you & flirting with you!"
Embarrassed & obviously blushing, she mocked me as she said, "You would like him! He's your type; a cute nerd."

I was still wounded from baseball boy & couldn't even grasp the concept of "other fish in the sea."

Damaged goods, is what I would call myself. After the baseball boy situation over the summer. I would say I'm not worth flirting with to anyone...but maybe, D.I. was much more than dropping off old items you didn't want anymore, but realizing that other people would love to have them. As strange as this sounds, maybe I'm the item.

I guess that's the blessing (an epiphany) I get for going to D.I. & donating clothes!

"Will you take what's left of me?"

The strange thing is that I haven't felt the "za za zoo" in a long time. *za za zoo-Sex & the City reference for butterflies.

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy, you sound like Bre in this... Tell her to update the blog already!

    ReplyDelete