Thursday, December 24, 2009

mY gOOdies...mY gOOdies

Twas' the night before Christmas...

Christmas Eve, giving out my goodies. Every year my parents give treats to our neighbors/friends/bishopric. They tend to make me & my sister make the goodies then deliver them. This year, I didn't have ANY money for presents for anyone, so I took goodies to my Emery besties. & I got a treat of my own...

"All I want for Christmas is you"

I love love them. The original friends. They stuck with me through thick & thin & were the ones I got to share my Christmas Eve treats with.


1st house: Weston, friend for 9 yrs. History: The adventures of Sponge-bob & Patrick! Prom date & a lot of hangout dates. THE ONLY boy to ever to hold my hand. My favorite date on record; Jazz game, missing 1/2 a day of school, running around Gateway trying to get into Abercrombie & Fitch before it closed. Picking me up & running through the fountain and getting soaked, he grabbed my hand & wouldn't let go. Even on the way home he held my hand....while he drove. The timing was never right then I realized it'll never be right, but I heart him anyway.


2nd house: Abbie, friend for 15 yrs. History: met on the playground, was scared of her. She was so outspoken & I was the shy one. Since then we have endured so much like cat fights, dumb boys & High School. She was & remains the most loyal friend I have ever had. She would defend & stick up for me when no one else would. Everyone was scared of her, but to be on her side is the safest place for a messed up friend like me. I can be completely honest about anything & everything with her.


3rd house: Seth, friend for 18 yrs. My best guy friend that I heart & completely trust. My eternal friend. History: He's been in my life for so long I can't imagine it without him. Without him I wouldn't have survived BYU. I was suppose to go to Prom with him, but Weston asked 1st. BUT I asked him to Promenade with me. Prom King & Student Body President, he is the guy I get pressured about the most to marry. Sorry everyone, he's my ETERNAL friend, not eternal companion, but I do love him!

4th house: Anne, friend for 22 yrs. Even before I was born, my parents & her parents planned for us to be friends. She was my 1st FRIEND! Because of her I have Abbie as a friend & I made it through swimming lessons & Elementary. We are so different, but remain friends & rekindled our friendship this Christmas Eve spending the most time at her house discussing our very similar lives; giving me hope that life will get better & everyone needs a break from school. It's not the end of the world.

The greatest gift I've been given is the gift of good friends.

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away. This year to keep me from tears I'll give it to someone special...."

No comments:

Post a Comment