Friday, December 25, 2009

paper heart...

After watching the movie, "Paper Heart" it got me thinking, remembering a time before closing off my heart. The movie was all about love & overcoming the obstacle of yourself & allowing yourself to feel. As I watched this movie I could feel the intensity & awkwardness of a 1st date & the uncertainty every relationship brings. I thought this is like my dating story. Dating (homecooked dinner, the grocery store, sitting & talking on the couch) & love happened. She was still a skeptic. It took them parting for her to realize despite everything she believed in & all her reservations about love; she wanted him in her life. She was in love.
Sometimes I can't remember what happened in my dating life & why it was so painful. Why did I think it was worth the pain? I've gone for months trying to revieve those feelings, but I can't & I don't understand how I felt them at all. Then I think maybe I didn't. I don't understand & I'll never understand. Why am I still...dating? Is love worth the risk of painful experiences?

"TO FEEL SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO TAKE A LITTLE RISK."

No comments:

Post a Comment